An Advanced Micro-Exfoliation System Comes to Lustre
Lustre has added a new service to boost the health and appearance of your skin – microneedling, a form of micro-exfoliation. Yes, you may cringe at the term, needling, but it is a proven and safe technique that feels more like a little buzzing over your skin than a painful injection. It benefits your skin’s overall texture and increases collagen production to make you look and feel more youthful. Micro-exfoliation removes surface dead skin cells and encourages new skin cells to appear.
The microneedling device uses fine needles to make minuscule and evenly spaced punctures in the top-most layer of the skin. The tiny wounds prompt the skin to begin healing, and the body rushes to patch up the injury. During this rapid healing process, your skin produces fresh collagen and elastin, which allows the skin to remain tighter and stronger as you age.
Here are the top five reasons why Deb is excited to bring microneedling to clients:
1. It stimulates collagen production and can improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, sun damage, stretch marks, texture and pigment irregularity.
2. It’s a highly controlled and precise service that is geared to your skin’s exact needs. Deb always uses a customized approach to skin care so adding another treatment to meet the needs of her client’s skin is perfect.
3. It only affects a fraction of the skin surface, leaving the skin around the wound unharmed. That creates rapid healing and a targeted response.
4. The procedure is tolerated by most skin types, including those with darker skin.
5. Microneedling does not require extended recovery time. Some clients may experience slightly red skin and swelling that quickly subsides.
One service is not enough to make big changes. Your skin is actually repairing itself and growing new tissue, so overall changes take time. There are three stages in its healing:
1. Inflammation – Piercing skin triggers immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
2. Proliferation – The original tissue structure is reconstructed to produce collagen and a new network of blood vessels.
3. Remodeling – The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Three to six sessions are best, spaced four to six weeks apart to support the three stages of healing. In the months following, your skin appears smoother, firmer and more youthful. Deb will work with you to decide if microneedling is the right course and the number of sessions necessary to address your skin’s needs and maximize its health.
The procedure is most effective when done by a professional, and Deb is just that. She completed her training through both the manufacturer, Bio-Therapeutic, and Dermalogica. If you have any questions, reach out to Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org or take to her during your next facial appointment. She’s your coach for healthy, beautiful skin.
#HealthyBeautifulSkin #skincare #skinmaven #expertskintherapist #microneedling #microexfoliation #youthfullookingskin #BioTherapeutic #Dermalogica