top of page
  • Writer's picture@lustreskincarempls

Your Skin Remembers


As we age, so does our skin. That means when you’re 20, you have aging skin. And what you do for your skin in your younger years has an impact later. Your skin remembers.


The goal at any age is to use a routine that keeps your skin healthy. That’s the best way to pay it forward. It’s best to not think anti-aging––we all age––but to think pro skin health.


Intrinsic aging––when our bodies naturally start to age––accounts for just 10% of changes in our skin. The other 90% is the result of the stress on your skin from the environment and lifestyle choices. Here are five ways to optimize the health of your skin at any age:


1. The number of skin care products on the market can be overwhelming. Work with a licensed skin therapist to know your skin type and find out what works best for you. Just like you rely on doctors and pharmacists to help you understand medications, find someone you can trust to help you sort out products for your skin with a budget you can handle. After all, skin care is healthcare, so treat it as such.

2. Be proactive with lifestyle choices. Combat daily stress by prioritizing sleep, exercise, and doing activities that relax and rejuvenate you. Breathing deeply, meditation, creative hobbies, being in nature, laughing with friends, or focusing on gratitude are a few suggestions. Keeping stress at bay, slows premature aging.

3. Prioritize antioxidant-rich foods over salt, sugar, and alcohol. Antioxidants are defenders and counteract free radicals, which damage cells. When our body is overloaded with free radicals, a chemical reaction known as oxidation damages cells. Antioxidants are our defenders.



4. Don’t coast with your skin care routine. You’ll need to change it up from one season to the next. Work with a licensed skin therapist to find the right routine for your skin each season. Think skin care is healthcare. Working with someone who knows skin now will pay off later.

5. If the streetlights are off, the sunscreen should be on! It doesn’t matter if you’re inside or outside, whether it’s summer or winter. Every season and every day you need to protect your skin from the harmful effects of UVA that age your skin and UVB rays that burn it. Know that UVA rays can penetrate clouds and the roof of your home, so protect, protect, protect.


Skin health is what drives my work as a licensed skin therapist. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns about your skin care products and routines. As your personal skin maven and skin care coach, I’m here to help. (info@lustreskincarempls.com)


35 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page